1 About these terms
1.2 You agree that you are at least 13 years old and that if you are between 13 years and 18 years old, your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these terms.
1.3 You can access these terms at any time at www.whatisthenextbigthing.com
We can make changes to these terms at any time in accordance with paragraph 11 below and your continued use of our Website shall confirm your acceptance of the updated terms. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then current version of these terms.
2 About accessing and using our Website
2.1 You are responsible for the internet connection and/or mobile charges that you may incur for accessing our Website. You should ask your mobile operator if you are unsure what these charges will be, before you access our Website.
2.2 Whilst we try to ensure that the information on our Website is complete and accurate, we do not warrant the accuracy and/or completeness of any information on our Website. We also make no commitment to keep the information on our Website up to date. The material on our Website is provided “ as is” without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any information on our Website, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any information, or any losses or harm of any kind resulting from the use of any information made available via our Website.
2.3 We have the right to withdraw or modify our Website (in whole or in part) without notice and without liability to you from time to time:
- for technical reasons (such as technical difficulties experienced by us or on the internet);
- to allow us to improve user experience;
- where we have legal reasons for doing so (including privacy or other legal objections to the content or conduct of our Website);
- because it no longer makes business sense for us to provide the relevant part of the Website; or
- because we have altered the services we provide.3 User conduct and content3.2 You promise that all the information you provide to us on accessing our Website is and shall remain true, accurate and complete at all times.
- 3.3 Information, data, or other materials may be sent, uploaded, communicated, transmitted or otherwise made available via our Website by you or by others. You agree not to upload, communicate, transmit or otherwise make available any Content:
- 3.1 You must comply with the laws that apply to you in the location that you access our Website from. If any laws applicable to you restrict or prohibit you from accessing our Website, you must comply with those legal restrictions or, if applicable, stop accessing our Website.
- 2.4 There may also be times when our Website or any part of it is not available for technical or maintenance related reasons, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
- that is or could reasonably be viewed as unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- that is or could reasonably be viewed as invasive of another’s privacy;
- which you do not have a right to make available lawfully (such as inside information, information which belongs to someone else or confidential information);
- which infringes any intellectual property right or other proprietary right of others; or
- which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of our Website, or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- 3.4 You agree that you will not:
- disguise, anonymise or hide your IP address or the source of any Content that you may upload;
- remove or amend any proprietary notices or other ownership information from our Website;
- interfere with or disrupt our Website or servers or networks that provide our Website;
- attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or hack our Website, or to defeat or overcome any of our encryption technologies or security measures or data transmitted, processed or stored by us;
- ‘harvest’, ‘scrape’ or collect any information about or regarding other people that use our Website, including, but not limited to any personal data or information (including by uploading anything that collects information including but not limited to ‘pixel tags’ cookies, graphics interchange formats (‘gifs’) or similar items that are sometimes also referred to as ‘spyware’ or ‘pcms’ (passive collection mechanisms);
- use our Website in violation of any applicable law or regulation; or
- use our Website in any other way not permitted by these terms.4.1 You agree to compensate us, according to law, for all losses, harm, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these terms by you.5.1 We accept liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents, and for losses or harm caused by fraud by us or our agents, or any other liability which may not by law be excluded.5.3 We are not responsible for:
- 5.2 For any losses or harm other than those mentioned in paragraph 5.1 or those excluded elsewhere in these terms, we will only be responsible for losses or harm which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions. Losses and harm are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- 5 Our liability
- 4 Your breach of these terms
- losses or harm not caused by our breach of these terms or negligence;
- losses or harm which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you agreeing to these terms and conditions including those losses which happen as a side effect of foreseeable losses. This could include loss of data, loss of opportunity, service interruption, computer or other device failure or financial loss;
- any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of any of these terms and conditions; or
- technical failures or the lack of availability of our Website where these are not within our reasonable control.5.5 Any additional legal rights which you may have as a consumer remain unaffected by these terms.6.1 You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to our Website are owned by or licensed to us. You will not take any action to jeopardise, limit or interfere with our intellectual property rights.6.3 Whilst you are in compliance with these terms, you are permitted to print and download extracts from the Website for your own use provided that (i) you do not modify any extract, document or graphic in any way; (ii) you do not remove or amend any proprietary notices or other ownership information from our Website;6.5 In particular, and without limiting the application of paragraph 6.4, you must not make available any technological measures designed to control access to, or elements of, our Website.
- 6.6 By submitting Content (as defined in paragraph 3.3) via our Website you:
- 6.4 Other than as set out in paragraph 6.3, you must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any derivative work from our Website or any part of our Website unless we have first agreed to this in writing (including by express statement via the Website).
- 6.2 Whilst you are in compliance with these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal, revocable limited licence to access and use our Website (but not any related object and source code), in each case provided that such use is in accordance with these terms. You agree not to use our Website, or any elements thereof, for anything else.
- 6 Intellectual property
- 5.4 We will provide our Website with the same skill and care as the providers of other similar websites, but you acknowledge that your only right with respect to any problems or dissatisfaction with our Website is to discontinue your use of our Website and we are not responsible or liable for any interruptions or errors that you may experience while using our Website.
- are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
- grant us and our group companies the right to edit, adapt, publish and use your entry and any derivative works we may create from it, in any and all media (whether it exists now or in the future), for any purpose, in perpetuity, without any payment to you;
- acknowledge that you may have what are known as “moral rights” in the Content, for example the right to be named as the creator of your entry and the right not to have work subjected to derogatory treatment. You agree to waive any such moral rights you may have in the Content; and
- agree that we have no obligation to monitor or protect your rights in any Content that you may submit to us, but you do give us the right to enforce your rights in that Content if we want to, including but not limited to taking legal action (at our cost) on your behalf.
- 6.7 In connection with our Website, if you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed by someone else over the internet, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- a description of the intellectual property rights and an explanation as to how they have been infringed;
- a description of where the infringing material is located;
- your address, phone number and email address;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that (i) you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use of material in which you own intellectual property rights is not authorised, and (ii) the information that you are providing is accurate, correct, and that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- 13 Complaints and dispute resolution
- 12 Waivers of our rights
- 11 Severability
- You can find these terms at any time by visiting www.whatisthenextbigthing.com
- We may wish to transfer all or a part of our rights or responsibilities under these terms to someone else without obtaining your consent. You agree that we may do so provided that the transfer does not significantly disadvantage you. You may not transfer any of the rights we give you under these terms unless we first agree to this in writing.
- 7.1 We are registered with the data protection authority provided by www.godaddy.com.
- 6.8 We do not consider or accept unsolicited proposals or ideas. If, despite this, you send any unsolicited proposals to us, you acknowledge and agree that we are not required to keep them confidential and that we are permitted to use them for any purposes whatsoever without any liability or payment to you of any kind.
Agree that you have read the Disclaimer
Agree that you will only use the Application Device in the Manor for which it was designed